Wednesday, January 25, 2012

2012 Trek Superfly Elite

Most anyone who knows me, knows I've been racing an Orbea Lanza HT 29er for a while. It served its purpose for me, I did countless races and endurance events on it. I felt it was time to get something a little nicer, I have some big goals for the 2012 racing season and that bike was starting to hold me back. Alot of crazy good things have fell in to place for me since moving to Nashville. I have a great job and a great boss who has a deep passion for his customers and their athletic goals. It doesn't stop there, he is super supportive of my racing as well. Along with David and the help of a Trek rep Will Stoffel, I will be sporting a 2012 Trek Superfly Elite HT 29er this year.

It has been close to a month since I built this badboy up. I have already done three 5+ hour rides on it. It is really difficult to describe how a bicycle can be so freakin' comfortable and yet be crazy stiff and accelerate like a bat outta hell. This bike is just that. It is by far the nicest MTB I have ever gotten to ride. It comes with a full Shimano XT package. The new XT is phenomenal. I think Trek really has the edge over many other competitors this year by specing their bikes more than not with Shimano components. The wheels Trek spec on this bike are the Bontrager RL's which are one tier down from the top shelf aluminum RXL wheels. Some people will say they are on the heavy side but these are the most responsive wheels I have ever ridden. Although the 142x12 rear end helps! They make my Stans Crest wheels feel like noodles. I think too many riders get caught up over weight and neglect ride quality. This superfly weighs in at 23 pounds, hard to complain about that anyways.

My first A race this year is the Cohutta 100 in Ducktown, TN. I finished 17th overall last year around the 7:30ish time. This year I have a top ten goal and I know I am now one step closer with this Trek Superfly!

I will post pictures soon.
Thanks for reading.
-Kyle Taylor

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at Cohutta Kyle. Looking forward to a great season for you!

    ReplyDelete