Saturday, March 31, 2012

Chickasaw Trace Classic


The 17th annual Chickasaw Trace Classic was this past sunday. 17 years?! Wowza, I was stoked to be a part of a race that has that much local history. Ive heard since moving to Nashville this was one of the largest participating MTB events in the TBRA series. I think their were around 265 racers in attendance, not too shabby. Chickasaw is my favorite trail in the Nashville area even though Ive only ridden it twice, once in preride and then during the race. It has a bit of everything, a technical uphill rock garden, some short steep climbs to keep you honest as well as some all out bigring sections where the limit of how fast you can go is decided by your two cylinders!

The PRO class was small but stacked with some respected guys. Dustin Greer(maxxis-wood n wave) got the hole shot and charged in the muddy corners of the first few miles of our first lap. I attacked with Craig Evans in town on an open field flat area. That attack was good enough for he and I to take the 1-2 win. I was able to hold Craig off for the first lap but he killed it the 2nd lap posting the fastest lap of the day and also bridging back up to me. We cruised the 3rd lap into the finish together with a sizable gap on the rest of the field.

Start of the race.
PRO podium, that's right TEAM BC sweeps it!




No comments:

Post a Comment