Monday, March 3, 2014

2014 True Grit prep trip in rainy, horrible Moab, Ut.

This past weekends trip to Moab was so rad I figured it was blog worthy. I've been itching for more singletrack and warm weather ever since Old Pueblo, so Moab was the perfect dose of medicine. Jonathan Davis, Anthony Thorton, Richie Trent and I all headed down and found a killer campsite that was completely empty and set stage for 4 days of desert fun.

Richie "tic-tacing" not paying attention to anything but Lil' Wayne.

The first 2 days were cloudy although we had good temps and no rain.
Setting up camp. Jon sleeps on top of his transit, cool setup fo sho.
 We rode Pipe Dream on the first day out, good trail for getting the bearings rolling. We wanted 3+ hours on Friday and got 3.5. Saturday would be the long day as we all wanted 6 hours in the saddle.
 Moab is stupid amazing, the views are stunning and never ending. The La Sals are a backdrop you'll never get out of your head if you see them in person.
 Moab on a hardtail sucks but it can be done! I was chasing the boys all weekend long on their "big bikes".
 Jon's so fit, like whoa.
Richie breaks mo' damn chains then anyone, ever. MTBjesus has an endless supply of new chains, gold chains.
 Headed to Amasaback and found new singletrack Hymasa that connects to Captain Ahab. Killer new trails, seems like Moab is really pushing for more trails. New stuff every time I go.


Duke was happy to see us when we got back to camp. He was super stoked to eat!

 I didn't take many Pics on Saturday because we were alittle more in race mode. Jon flatted coming out of Mag7 taking a big drop. 

 Richie and I climbed to the turn around at LPS and found some mud and snow still lingering. The conditions in Moab right now are stupid sick, tacky and perfect.

 Pee break?

Stopped at the store for a burrito and headed back to camp, rode just under 80 miles on Saturday.

Sunday Jeff Kerkove met up with us and we wanted to show him the new singletrack up Hymasa and he took us to a killer overlook.

Anthony talked Richie and I into using some embro(Em-brah) on our legs... After an hour in the desert sun my freakin legs were on fire, but glistening nonetheless! 

 Jon topping out on the climb.

Richie and Kerkove.

Sick lookout Jeff took us too.

The Fashionable Anthony.


Richie and I stopped in Loma on the way home today(Monday) for some more trail action.
Loma is alot different than Moab, although geographical close, smoother and faster terrain.

 Colorado River, reminds me of 'Into the Wild'.

 Famous, Infamous Horsetheif. I could never dream of clearing this but it does happen and I've seen it done. Blows my freaking mind what people can do on a bike.

Dopers ?





Thanks for checking out the bloggage. 20 hours on the MTB this week, we all had a blast and I am feeling good leading up to True Grit March 15th! Thanks to all my friends for the amazing time! You rock.
-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment